Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet Cream and Sprinkles!

In a world that has become obsessed with cake decorators and cupcake shops, where shows like Cupcake Wars and Cake Boss are all the rage, I ask myself, why didn’t I follow my first attempt to make a career out of something I love?  Quite simply put, finance is not easily expendable at my house.  But things are a changing.  My hobby has led me to a new opportunity.  I have taken up teaching the Wilton Method of Cake decorating as an independent contractor, which will hopefully open all sorts of doors.  After finding out that I would be starting this endeavor I set out to flex my muscles.  As a result I have learned new recipes and techniques that will allow me to expand into almost any direction once I put some time under my belt.  It's an exciting time for me, being able to once again turn to something I love doing, especially after not thinking I would be able to do it after my second surgery.

So, you may be wondering, what I’ve been up to and how this is all working out for me.  Well my answer is not as simple.  Right now, it’s just an idea and a pile of raspberry cupcakes with champagne butter cream frosting.  To track my progress and to share with you all of my new found tips and recipes and projects, I have decided that instead of changing this blog, where I write about anything that comes to mind, I would start a second blog, specifically aimed at cakes and cupcakes.  You can check out the new baker's blog at http://sweetcreamandsprinkles.blogspot.com/ 
No fear fellow readers, this is not the end of Life’s Lessons, just an experimental growth.  Both blogs will continue on and will be posted with updates often!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment